Sunday, November 7, 2010

7/ 11/ 2010
Started to cut out rust and make up patches for L/H A pillar. On removing a section from the bottom of the pillar/outer sill I could see up into the sill and it was full of dirt, rusty steel etc so I made the decision to remove the sill as far back as the B pillar. Once done and  I had cleaned out all the rubbish, dealt to the area with a wire brush I confirmed to myself that I had done the right thing. There is quite a bit of surface rust and a few areas where it has penetrated into the inner sill so it is a good chance to tidy this area up before it gets any worse. There will be probably be 2-3 patches in the A pillar but that area came up not too bad once it was cleaned up. More work will continue this week.
bottom of the L/H A pillar and front of inner sill

outer sill removed and the smaller rust holes welded up

this is the A pillar sideways looking up

As you can see by the photos I have started to repair the penetration holes in the inner sill it should be complete by this weekend and I should be able to get the sill back on.                                                

No comments:

Post a Comment