Friday, November 11, 2011

I spent most of yesterday striping down and cleaning up the L/H guard. This involved removing all paint and bog, getting access to any dents and rust ( there is a couple of dents that were filled with bog and a small area of surface rust at the bottom of the rear side of the arch this involved removing the filler panel to get good access) once the guard was cleaned up I can now work on getting the rail tidied up and ready to fit the bubble arch. I wont fit the bubble till all the repairs are completed as I do not want to risk damaging these.
most of the paint removed

I also cleaned up the inner side as there is a small amount of surface rust under the paint this area will be painted with hammerite primer.

This is the area of rust at the rear of the arch not too bad in my opinion
Peter

No comments:

Post a Comment