Monday, November 7, 2011

I have marked and cut out the front guards to fit the bubble arches. I have also started to repair the drip rails as these ot a wee bit damaged on removal (drill holes and a couple of patches where I had to use a chisel to get the guards off). All I need to do now is clean the guards and inner panels then bond, rivet, bog then I will fibreglass over the panel to stop the bog cracking. I need to repair the rust on the inner panels and weld up and grind smooth the drip rails then sort out were the fittings are to go so that I can get the guards to bolt on.
Now that the guards are off I did some investigation today and found some more rust. It was under some silicon filler once that was removed it reveales a bit of tin worm on top of the R/H A pillar after a bi of grinding that revealed most of it I found that it is a not too difficult repair I should finish this tomorrow with luck once this is done I can start on the drill holes in the drip rail and then work on the left side. I also had a chance to water blast the inner guards and front guards to remove  any dirt I will then sand down the panels and preprime these before I fit the arches.

The R/H guard cut and sitting in place

The L/H guard

The area of rust found The Weld is on of the worst that I have done so will grind off and redo it

Also found this small patch

This is a shot of some repairs I found on the R/H guard near the head light A lot of this was cut out when I cut the guard.
Peter   

No comments:

Post a Comment