Saturday, June 25, 2011

Another weekend down and more achieved. I have removed the L/H corner and cut the panel to fit, finished welding the R/H side in and refitted the bubble arch. The way I am fittin the arch is with rivets and a urethane adhesive whek I have finished filling the panel the whole quarter will be glassed over. the reasons for this is essentially 2 fold 1 to support the filler and  to prevent cracking and 2 to assist in reducing damage from stones and gravel it will also give a smoother look once painted (lets face it this car is not going to be a show car so I will do what I can to hide how rough it is)
the L/H corner removed

The new panel ready to be tacked in


                                     
The line of urethane adhesive ready for the arch



the arch in place



No comments:

Post a Comment