Friday, January 28, 2011

Well another week down and a bit further along, First Arch fitted and bogged.



 Second arch I have trimmed down the excess steel in the tubbing and screwed the Arch into place to see how it fits.

 I have made more progress on the floor pan including more cleaning and repairing the old bolt holes and coating the finished area with an epoxy spray to assist in combating rust will continue as time allows tomorrow Sunday and on Monday as it is a public holiday here in Auckland so I don't need to go to work.

Ok it is Monday here in NZ. I had a few things to do around the house and over at my mothers place after I had finished I went out to the garage to continue. I started to clean off the paint and old bog from around the R/H rear wheel arch and I discovered yet more rust under trhe old bog and fibreglass matting BUGGER just as i thought I was getting to the better part of the car some of the filler was up to about 10mm thick

The start of the clean up

What I found around the rear tail light

Just some of the bog out of the rear corner

and the top  of the rear corner


TIME FOR A LITTLE STORY
 On another front the Alfa Romeo I own is a 2001 147 We absolutley love driving this car however as is fairly normal with Alfas it has had an electrical issue since Day 1. It has always seemed to absolutely eat batteries we have replaced batteries ( too many to count) Alternator (twice) and in a last gasp effort we replaced the Body Computer. I have realised on the last couple of batteries that the dash lights were dim on startup and Brightened up when the car reved to about 2600 rpm. The Auto sparky seemed to think that it was in the computer system and as he could read fault codes but not do software checks we took it back to the Alfa agent and they found a (I hope) unique problem. Luigi the Italian sparky at the factory left an entire wire out of the loom not disconected but MISSING Completely. It ran from the alternator to the body computer to the dash and back so that when the car was started the signal from the computer to the alternator telling it to charge couldn't go anywhere until a second circut came alive at 2600, NOW thats What I call Italians at work. Any one got any weird and wonderful stories that can top that one.
Vent over 10 years of fustration finally fixed
Peter  

No comments:

Post a Comment