Monday, January 24, 2011

This week I managed to purchase a 6 dial instrument panel for a reasonable price (thanks trademe.co.nz).

I  also started to have a look at the under side of the floor pan and much to my surprise all the underseal is coming off easily. So instead of getting the car sodablasted I might save some cash and strip the seal off myself ( I know I am nuts) but from what I have done so far the floor pan is in better condition than the previous photos reveal as you will see in the new photos ( these will go up when I have taken them). I do have a bit of work ahead of me but it is achievable and I will end up with a floor pan that is not too badly damaged.

Finally I have located an area an area that is not rotten. all I used was some elbow grease and a scraper and then gave it a good wipe over with some thinners. There are some areas that will be harder to clean off and for these areas ( mainly where the exhaust has baked the seal on) i will use a product called Tergostrip which is a commercial grade paint stripper. I got it from my local panelbeater suppliers. The shiny areas are repairs that I have cleaned up all of them are old bolt holes
Oh by the way I have now passed 1200 views so thank you for taking the time to look 

No comments:

Post a Comment